Nail art- Colorful patterns and unique designs, I really love it. 🙂 Many of us normally think, to get these designs we have to go to the salon or we have to spend a lot of money. But that is not always true. You can make your own favorite design with your existing nail polishes and with some tools that always will be available in your house.
So today I am going to show you a very simple geometric nail art with the help of cello tape and some of my nail polishes.
All you going to need-
- Some of the colorful nail polishes of your choice. Here I have used a rust colour (Shade- Lotus Herbal, 99 Peach Perfect) and a shimmery golden colour (Shade-Avon Simply pretty, Champagne Shimmer NE 16) nail polishes.
- A base coat and a top coat. I have used my clear polish for Maybelline New York Color Show (Crystal Clear 101) for both of these.
- A cello tape
- A scissor to cut the cello tape
- Some cotton bud
- Nail polish remover
- Prep your nails by cleaning it with remover even if they are clean, make sure there are no dirt or yellow stain on your nails. It will make your nail polish lasts longer.
- Apply clear polish on your bare nails or any other base coat you have. It will help to strengthen your nails as well as it will save your nails from staining.
- After drying the base coat properly, cut your cello tape and place it with an angle as shown in the picture. I have covered 3 finger nails here to design the ring finger and the thumb differently.
- Apply two coats of your nail polish on the angular side and let it dry completely. And also I have painted my ring finger nail with the other colour as you can see.
- After that remove the cello tape. And it will look like this.
- For the thumb, first I’ve applied one colour. Then I have placed the cello tape in a triangular shape and applied another colour as shown below.
- Again repeat the same process
- Remove your cello tape and apply your topcoat or your clear polish on the top of your painted nails. Clean the sides with a cotton bud and yeah you are good to go. 🙂
I have put a small dot on the ring finger nail to match the combination.
So here is my tutorial on DIY geometric nail art. Hope you enjoyed it.
Thanks for reading.