Summer is here. And we all are worried about the humid weather. We can’t go out in the sun, we can’t use any makeup, we won’t style properly, and all are for the sweat and humidity.
This weather is mostly affecting the oily skinned people like me. I am not saying other people don’t face any issue during summer; I am just saying that for us the summer is like our nightmare. We can’t use any moisturizer because it makes our skin oily after sometime, even if it’s a water-based one. Sad but it’s true. I am not blaming any cosmetic brand, but this is the truth of me and I think most of the oily skinned people are going through the same problem.
I have been reading many articles about summer skin care, oily skin care routine. Most of them are saying to do this, to do that, a bunch of high-end product names with high price which I can’t afford. But yes, some articles are very helpful from where I came to know about some of the products which I use in my daily basis, are really good and all are in an affordable price range.
Anyways, here I am going to share my skin care and wellness routine for summer. I don’t have a huge time for pampering myself and I know many of you who are working, your 9 to 6 job don’t let you do this also. So mainly for them I am writing these tips. So here they are:
- Wash your face whenever you wish to do that. I’ve read somewhere that we should wash our face not more than 2 times in a day, otherwise over-washing can lead to irritation and lack of moisture.I don’t know it is true or not, but I wash my face 5 to 6 times minimum in the summer as my face sweats a lot. But of course I don’t use the face wash every time, only 2 times in a day (morning and night) and other times I just use plain water to wash my face.
- Use a light moisturizer. Choice is totally yours.
- Use a compact, recommended to those who have oily skin.
- Wear cotton clothes. It will not irritate your skin.
- Use sunglasses in day outing. Not only for style, also to protect your eyes from harmful UV rays.
- Use full sleeve clothes to avoid tanning. And ladies, always cover your face with a cotton scarf or dupatta while going out. Otherwise your skin will get tanned, no matters which sunscreen you use. For the guys, you can also do that if you wish to. 😉
- Take light and healthy food.
- Eat yogurt/ curd once in a day. It’s a comfort food. It’s cooling, soothing, nutritious and light.
- For workout, isn’t the best time to push yourself. So split up your workout schedule, if you can only handle 10 minutes at a time, do that only, or exercise twice in one day.
- Last but not the least, stay hydrated throughout the day. Drink 3 to 5 litre water daily.
That’s all for now folks. Hope you like this article. 🙂