Today I am going to talk about my new coloured kajal from FACES LONG WEAR range. Okay it’s not so new, it’s been 4 months I have purchased them and I’m totally in love with them. The colours are so pigmented that you won’t need any eyeshadow to pop your eyes.
I have four of them now. I actually bought the Persian blue two a years back, but have not used it much. Now from the last couple of month I have become a huge fan of these eye pencils. Only one swipe is enough to line your eyes. I use them almost regularly now.
Price: I am so sorry guys I didn’t remember the exact price. 😦 I think I have purchased the Persian blue near about 300/- and the other ones were around 450/- , I guess. I have tried to find the price online and its showing 349/- each but the shade names are different. I will put the links below. You can check them if you want.
Weight : 1.2g
Expiry: 3 years from manufacturing date.
Let’s discuss about the product description. It says:
- Smudge proof
- Water proof
- Intense Color
Each and every word is true. It’s a perfect Long wear eye pencil.
Only the Persian blue is the twisted one, but you will need sharpener with the other ones. It’s a bit hectic task to sharpen this kind of soft pencil and it leads to some amount of product wastage also.
Here are the swatches:
- PERSIAN BLUE is a bright pale blue colour.
- ELECTRIC is the shade of Royal blue to navy blue colour.
- TEAL is a dark greenish-blue colour.
- And SMOG, it’s my favorite brown colour. I never see this kind of gorgeous brown shade in any eye pencil. I have already post a smokey eye look with the SMOG one in my blog. You can check it here.
These colours are suitable for all the skin tone, fair to dusky. I have medium to dusky skin tone and it suits me very well. But the fair people will look absolutely vibrant with these beautiful colours.
Why I love Faces Long Wear eye pencil:
- Long staying power, about 8-9 hours without fading.
- One swipe is enough, but you can also use multiple swipes for darkening.
- Pigmented, Smudge proof and Waterproof.
- The Texture is extremely smooth, they just glide really easily-not at all rough & scratchy.
- Available in a variety of interesting shades.
- It have very fine shimmer particles which gives you a glowy finish
- A bit pricey for 1.2g. But with the texture, pigmentation and the quality I can overlook that.
- Too much soft, after a one good swipe you need to re-sharpen the pencil.
- Not twisted. Each and every time when you are going to sharpen your pencil you will waste some product.
- Availability can be an issue. In my area only one drugstore have the faces products. But you can find it online. Here are the links:
Overall, I can give 4.8 out of 5 and I would highly recommend it to everyone who loves to wear kajal and being a ‘Bong’ it’s really essential for me because I love kajal more than anything. 🙂
I will again purchase them as soon as I will finish with it. I am thinking to buy the green and the black one later of this long wear range. If I do so, I will post a review on them also.
Here is my another look with the Electric Eye Pencil. If you like this look and want to know how I have create this please comment below. I will post a tutorial about it. 🙂
Till now I have not found any better coloured kajal than these in an affordable range. So if anybody has any idea about coloured kajal of other brands please let me know in the comment box below. I would love to try a new one.
Bye bye.. ^^